In this video, Faiz Rehman, Senior Manager - Digital Sales at Hotstar, Ex PayTM, Ex ICICI Bank, Ex Tata Motors, IIM Indore alum, takes us through his eclectic and diverse sales career. He talks about the highs of working in sales, campus life and lots more.
(This video was shot in May 2018)
Summary of the video
In this video, Faiz tells us about his sales career and his hatke mindset. He shares how he chose to quit PayTM post demonetisation, because his own value as an ex PayTM employee rose at the time. He shares interesting tidbits on digital ad sales in his career at Hotstar.
He shares his passion for sales and talks about how revenue is not what you must chase, but instead work on fulfilling client requirements. He shares how sales is no longer driven by targets, but instead by building relationships with clients.
He takes us through his time at campus and shares why elections, clubs and committees matter. He gives excellent tips on building a network (and finding love :D) right at b-school. He talks about the importance of making connections and how they come in handy in your future career. He also tells us about learning values like ownership and multi-tasking through clubs, games and fests at b-school.
If you wish to just what it takes to build a successful sales career, this is a must-watch.
- As a (corporate) salesperson, you need to provide solutions to clients in order to meet their KPIs.
- It’s the era of consultative sales.
- MBA is all around personality development.
- Companies are looking for people who have multiple solutions to the same problem.
- You need to be a part of some clubs, communities, etc, to show that you’ve learnt different things.
- You need to be a multitasker at b-school.
- Networking at b-school is super important.
- When at work, don’t any feedback - good or bad - personally.
- You have to let go of your ego in sales.