The Faculty Of Management Studies (FMS) Delhi has opened its admissions for the Full-Time MBA Batch of 2022-24. FMS has also released the latest selection criteria for admission to the MBA program via CAT 2021. In 2021, FMS Delhi has assigned a 50 percent weight to a candidate's CAT 2021 score. FMS Delhi has also assigned an additional 5 marks for women candidates. Here is a simple breakdown of FMS Delhi's 2021 selection criteria.
Short-listing Process of Candidates for Interview Process
- A Weighted Score shall be computed giving weightage of 40%, 30%, and 30% to the scores of VARC ( Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension), DILR (Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning) and QA (Quantitative Ability) sections respectively.
- An additional 5 marks shall be added to the Weighted Score in the case of women candidates for the purpose of shortlisting for the interview process.
From the list of candidates shortlisted for the Interview Process, admission to the MBA Full-Time programme shall be based on the following criteria and weight system:
- Weighted CAT 2021 Score - 50%
- Marks obtained in Class X - 10% (60% and above but less than 75%: 5%, 75% and above: 10%)
- Marks obtained in Class XII - 10% (60% and above but less than 75%: 5%, 75% and above 10%)
- Discussion on Statement of Purpose - 10%
- Extempore – 5%
- Personal Interview - 15%
An additional 5 marks shall be awarded to the women candidates who appear for the interview. Applicants who have not taken CAT 2021 will not be considered for admission.
The candidates will be required to produce their original certificates and mark sheets at the time of the interview. The final list of candidates selected will be declared after completing the process for all candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Programme
Candidates applying for admission to the MBA programme must have pursued at least a Bachelor’s Degree programme after twelve years of formal schooling with at least 50% marks at graduation level for the unreserved category (SC/ST: Passing Marks; OBC Non-Creamy/EWS/PWD/CW: 45% as per University Rules) or equivalent CGPA.
Candidates appearing for the final year examination of Bachelor’s Degree may also apply. Applicants with CGPA scores must clearly indicate the equivalent percentage of marks and furnish a copy of the official CGPA to Percentage conversion table of the concerned university/institution.
Note: Candidates appearing in the final year examination of Bachelor’s Degree are eligible to apply for admission irrespective of their percentage of scores obtained till the time of application, provided that they expect to fulfil the eligibility criteria when their results are declared and which must be submitted to the FMS office at the time of admission to the programme.
You May Also Be Interested In Reading Is Your Profile Good Enough For FMS? Here's What Data Says
Must-Read Articles For Writing The Statement Of Purpose
The Media and Communications team at FMS will share 8 articles on Statement Of Purpose next week. Stay tuned! If you have any questions regarding writing the Statement of Purpose, please fill out the form above!