Interested in an Operations and Supply Chain management career? You probably dream of working with new age e-commerce startups or cloud kitchens among others. One of the key aspects of supply chain and operations management includes production. Before a product reaches the logistics arm of the company, before it is even supplied to distributors, it has to be manufactured. Did you know that the economics of scale - mass production - that companies enjoy today are a direct result of the industrial revolution? And one such example of a process that we use even today in modern industry refers to the Assembly Line. Check out this video to find out what this means and brush up on a basic Ops & Supply Chain Management concept today!
Why Learning #IRL?
Simple really. We are tired of reaching out for giant textbooks, or “researching” online for all the answers. We want out. And we’re sure you do as well.
- Planning to join b-school.
- Already in b-school and worried about placements.
- Someone who’s looking to shift jobs, upgrade their position, etc.
Everyone needs to know and remember the basics. And now, you can learn and refresh your concepts in a fun way! Simply read a comic strip or watch a video to understand management concepts. Or solve a quiz and case study to check your comprehension.
Get an overview on various concepts ranging from marketing strategies, operations concepts, basics of finance and HR tricks every month. Learn with the examples and instances from latest case studies and real stories.
Here’s to making learning fun and easy as pie. Subscribe now and receive updates every month.
Get updates when a new part of the Learn Management Concepts With ABG #IRL is launched. Subscribe here:
Interesting Fact About ABG:
After KM Birla took over the business, the net worth of the company went up from the US $3.3 billion in 1995 to the US $41 billion in 2015. The Aditya Birla Group is the largest producer of Viscose staple fibre in the world. It operates from India, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia and China.
What’s This Series About?
In this series, we bring you 4 fun things. Basically, instead of reading boring textbooks, or trawling through search pages on Google, here’s your shortcut to learning with fun.
- Quiz: Solve a quiz based on management concepts in marketing, HR, finance and operations. Test your conceptual clarity and know how! Basically learn with fun.
- Case Study: Solve a sector-wise case study every month! Don’t all interview prep experts tell you to sharpen your logical thinking and practise cases?! Well now, you can practise a case every month and find out how well you know various concepts! Check out the July Case Study On Operations Management for an OTT platform like Disney here. Check out the August Case Study On IKEA India here.Check out the September Case Study On HR Strategy here. Check out the September Case Study On IT Services Companyhere. Check out the October Case Study On Venezuela's Oily Hyperinflation Story here. Check out the November Case Study On The Dream Car That Failed To Scale here. Check out the December Case Study On HR- How To Retain Talent here. Check out the December Case Study On McDonald's Supply Chain here.
- Video: Check out this unique explainer video laying out the facts and figures for you. Whether it’s the 7 Ps of marketing or the Jidoka model in supply chain and operations, these videos tell you all. Have a specific concept you wish to understand? Let us know and we’ll help you comprehend it! Check out July explainer Video on an Operations Management concept called Hub & Spoke here. Check out August explainer Video on The Science Behind Marketing Promotions here. Check out October explainer Video on HR Concepts & The Meaning Of Life here. Check out November explainer Video on Joint Stock Companies here. Check out December explainer Video on Brand Amitabh Bachchan's Revitalisation here Check out January explainer Video on Taare Zameen Par Deconstructed | HR Concepts here Check out January explainer Video on How Henry Ford Pioneered The Assembly Line here
- Comic Strip: Reading reams of pages can be so boring. Now read comic strips and find out what’s what in your b - school curriculum! Wondering about Time Value of Money? Or perhaps HR strategies and tools? These comic strips will help you understand the same old concepts in new and refreshing ways. Check out July explainer Comic Strip on an Operations Management concept called Jidoka here. Check out the August Comic Strip on Marketing Concepts Made Easy here. Check out the September Comic Strip on HR Theories Deconstructed here.