Are you looking for a consultancy profile? Would you like to work in a company like McKinsey? What do you need to score an internship with a giant like McKinsey? How can you convert the summer internship into a PPO (Pre Placement Offer)? We spoke to Harish Parayil, a PGDM student of Great Lakes, who got a summer internship with McKinsey and Co. Being a fresher, this was his first stint in the corporate world, he felt overwhelmed in the beginning. However, with the help of the faculty at Great Lakes, as well as many facilities offered, he managed to prepare well for the internship. His performance helped him convert his summer internship to a PPO.
In this video, he gives us valuable insights into how he approached his McKinsey interview, the work culture, and his project. He talks of the key skills required to sail through the internship, and how Great Lakes helped him develop those skills. Having received a PPO, he is now carefully choosing his electives in the second year to be better prepared for his job after MBA.
1. Adherence to deadlines is very important in the corporate world.
2. Your B School facilities, faculty and resources are key in preparing for your internships as well as job. Make the most of them.
3. Being a fresher isn’t a disadvantage. Your mentors will guide you through the summer internship, and help you grow.
4. Honesty is appreciated. If you do not know about any concept, be honest and ask questions instead of trying to hide the fact that you don’t know something. You are not expected to know everything.
5. McKinsey treats its interns very well. They are made to work across multiple fields to give them a wider range of experience.
*This is a promoted feature.