Goldman Sachs & Mahindra are few of the companies that most B-School students aim to start a career with in the field of finance or management. Wondering how to crack all steps leading to interning at your dream company and bagging a PPO as well! Two IMT students give insight on how to go about your preparation and the do’s-and-don’ts during the job placements in a B-school.
Both of them describe experiences comprehensively in their respective organizations. They deconstruct all the processes involved from the interview process, to executing tasks, and the final internship presentation.
They speak about how IMT Ghaziabad helped them in preparing for the summer internship and ultimately crack the PPO. Whether it is the teamwork that IMT induces in its students through activities taking place over the year or specific focus given to students interested in a particular domain, IMT helps in providing the best industry exposure to its students through the PGDM programme.
Here are a few key takeaways from Preet and Amber’s interview that all aspiring marketing or finance students must keep in mind:
1. Do thorough research about the organization and job profiles before you start interning.
2. Always give your inputs during a meeting.
3. Be productive and learn something new at every stage.
4. Make sure you put forward your strengths and weaknesses during the interview process.
5. Understand the customer and how your profile can help ease their experience.
6. Get an understanding of what your profile entails.
7. Try to be part of co-curricular activities in your B-School for a more holistic experience
8. Try to put in extra hours for academics and during your internship.
9. Pay attention to all topics in your curriculum even if you feel the topic is irrelevant.
10. Start preparing for your final presentation as you start interning.
*This is a promoted feature.