In this video, Faiz Rehman, Senior Manager - Digital Sales at Hotstar, Ex-PayTM, Ex-ICICI Bank, Ex-Tata Motors, IIM Indore alum, answers various questions about switching jobs, building your CV and building a successful career, especially in sales.
Summary of the video
In this video, Faiz talks at length about switching jobs. He tells us just how one should go about looking for a new job, and what are the challenges one might face. He tells us the rationale behind switching his own jobs so often. He shares the mindset that one needs in order to find the right job.
He gives advice on selecting the right companies. He gives us a peek into reality by reminding us that one has to select a good role based on the job offers one gets. He also talks about how a fresher can’t be too picky about job roles and how one should explore different options and sectors for a few years before choosing a ‘stable,’ career.
Faiz talks about tools like a resume that make job hunting easy. He talks about including impact based tasks in your resume and shares how companies are looking for creative individuals. Finally, Faiz talks about why you don’t need a justification for switching jobs because if you received an interview call, the company is definitely interested in you and has evaluated your profile.
If you want to know what it takes to build a successful career in any domain, this is a must watch for you.
1. Be confident about what you’re presenting.
2. Learn about the company you’re interviewing for.
3. Mention the impact you made in your previous company on your resume.
4. When you’re not able to grow in your role, it’s a good time to switch.
5. When switching jobs, see if you can picture yourself at the company for at least 3 years, that’s a good reason to switch