IIFT Exam Cancelled - Why Can It Be A Favorable Decision?
- Reduced Exam Burden: For management aspirants, preparing for multiple entrance exams can be stressful and time-consuming. Scrapping the IIFT exam and relying on CAT scores can alleviate this burden, allowing candidates to focus on a single comprehensive exam and devote more time to preparation.
- Common Syllabus: CAT is conducted for admission to various prestigious B-Schools, including the IIMs. Aspirants preparing for CAT will cover a wide range of topics that are also relevant for the IIFT exam. This common syllabus can help aspirants save effort in preparing for additional subjects specific to the IIFT exam.
- Time and Cost Savings: Preparing for multiple entrance exams can be time-consuming and expensive, with separate coaching, study materials, and application fees. Relying on CAT scores for IIFT admissions can save aspirants from the hassle and financial burden of additional preparation and application processes.
- Familiarity and Confidence: CAT is a well-established and widely taken exam, with several mock tests and resources available for practice. Aspirants who have been preparing for CAT may feel more familiar and confident with this exam format, reducing the stress associated with taking a new and unknown entrance test like the IIFT exam.
IIFT Exam Cancelled - Why Can It Not Be A Favorable Decision?
- Elimination of Backup Option: In the past, candidates who might have performed slightly below expectations in CAT had the chance to redeem themselves through the IIFT exam. With the IIFT exam scrapped, there is no backup option for aspirants to showcase their abilities specifically to IIFT.
- Competition Intensification: CAT is already one of the most competitive management entrance exams in India. By merging IIFT admissions into CAT, the competition for IIFT seats may increase significantly, making it even more challenging for aspirants to secure a spot in the institute.
- Different Testing Styles: CAT and IIFT exams have different formats and testing styles. While CAT places a higher emphasis on speed and efficiency, the IIFT exam traditionally included longer and more analytical questions. Aspirants who perform better in one type of exam may find it challenging to adapt their strategies to the other.
In conclusion, from the aspirants' point of view, scrapping the IIFT exam and considering CAT scores for admissions can ease the burden of multiple exams and provide a common syllabus. However, it may lead to competition intensification in CAT , and eliminate the opportunity for candidates to showcase their skills uniquely to the IIFT exam. Regardless, as we await an official confirmation from the institution, aspirants should keep their CAT 2023 preparation going on in full swing.