XIMB – Xavier University has announced its MBA Admission 2021 Process. The online application form for all its key MBA Programs such as MBA-BM, EMBA-BM, MBA-HRM, MBA-RM, MBA-SM, MBA-UMG, and MBF is opened. The last date for online application is December 25, 2020. The classes for the new batch will commence in June 2021. This article shares details about the XIMB – Xavier University MBA programs, Fee, Cut off, and Admission Process.
Xavier University, Bhubaneswar is a private university located in the state of Odisha. The University was established in accordance with The Xavier University, Odisha Act, 2013. Xavier Institute of Management (XIMB) is a 33-year old autonomous B-School of the Xavier University and is the flagship school of the University. In due course, Xavier University has set up other Schools and Centers of higher learning in areas, such as Human Resource Management, Rural Management, Sustainability, Urban Management & Governance, Commerce, Communications, Economics, Law, Computer Science & Engineering, Public Policy & Governance, and Humanities & Compassion Studies.
Apart from the flagship XIMB, the other Schools of Xavier University are: School of Human Resource Management, School of Rural Management, School of Sustainability, School of Human Settlements, School of Commerce, School of Communications, School of Economics, School of Computer Science & Engineering, Xavier Law School, School of Governance & Public Affairs and Xavier-EMYLYON Business School & one center Xavier Centre for Humanities & Compassion Studies. For more details, visit www.xub.edu.in.
XIMB is accredited by SAQS and is moving towards getting International AACSB Accreditation. MBA-BM program of XIMB is also accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) is one of the top-ranked B-schools in India and is an integral part of Xavier University, Bhubaneswar.
XIMB – Xavier University MBA Admission Eligibility
1. In order to meet the XIMB-Xavier University eligibility criteria, an applicant must possess a strong and consistent academic background.
2. The candidate must hold a bachelor's degree of minimum three-year duration, with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA.
3. Candidates who expect to complete the final part of their degree examinations by June 15, 2021, can also apply. Offers of admission to such candidates, if made, will be provisional and will be automatically canceled in the event of their failure to complete all the requirements for obtaining the degree before June 15, 2021.
4. The applicant should have appeared in CAT 2020, XAT 2021, or GMAT (Taken between January 1, 2019, and December 31, 2020) exam and must have scored the minimum prescribed sectional and total scores to become eligible for the interview stage of the admission process.
5. NMAT by GMAC 2020 scores are accepted for MBA-HRM, MBA-RM, MBA-SM, MBA-UMG, and MBF programs.
6. Work experience is not mandatory for an MBA program(s). Relevant work experience after graduation will be an advantage. However, the candidates need to have 3 plus years of relevant work experience after graduation for Executive MBA Program(s).
How to Apply for Admission?
Visit https://apply.xub.edu.in. Following steps are included in the Xavier University, Bhubaneswar Application process:
Step 1: Register and Apply for Entrance Exam
· Applicants are required to appear for one or more of the following Admission Tests after registering for them: XAT 2021 to be conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur, on January 03, 2021; CAT 2020 by IIMs on November 29, 2020; GMAT taken in 2019 or 2020; NMAT by GMAC 2020 (for select programs).
· In case the applicant does not register and appear in any of the above entrance exams. He/she can appear for X-GMT 2021 to be conducted by Xavier University, Bhubaneswar, on January 31, 2021.
· Please note that registering for XAT/CAT/GMAT is a prerequisite for applying to XIMB, if not opting for X-GMT, which will be held on January 31, 2021. An applicant may apply to X-GMT on the same application form against the academic programs by paying the test fee (₹1200/-).
Step 2: Apply to Xavier University
· After registering for XAT/CAT/GMAT/NMAT, applicants must fill up the online application form separately available on the Xavier University website https://apply.xub.edu.in.
· Upon successfully filling the online application form and paying the application fee (₹1600/- for the first option, and ₹400/- each for the subsequent options), applicants will be intimated by email about the acceptance of the form.
· Use a single form to apply for multiple programs and/or through multiple tests.
XIMB-Xavier University Admission Process 2021
· Xavier University, Bhubaneswar gives emphasis not only on entrance exam scores but also on Academic Profile, Work experience, and other parameters.
· XIMB or other B-schools of Xavier University will announce their cut-offs at the time of shortlisting. However, they keep their cut-offs moderate in the range of 85 to 90 percentile.
Candidates will be short-listed for the GD-WAT-PI round on the basis of their sectional and overall scores in the entrance exam after declaration of entrance exam result. The Institute/University decides the section-wise as well as total cut-off marks, which will be used for short-listing the candidates to be called for Writing Ability Test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview.
Personal Interview Round
XIMB – Xavier University will conduct the admission process in February and March 2021 for shortlisted candidates for the final selection process. After the Shortlisting process, GD-WAT-PI will be held in different cities to select suitable students for the program. WAT, GD & PI will be held in Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai. Candidates will have to meet their own travel expenses for appearing in the Interview session.
Final Admission Offer
The final selection is based on academic profile, performance in the entrance exam, performance in the Interview round, work experience, among others. Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in the first week of April 2021. The academic session would commence in the middle of June 2021.
Xavier University MBA Program Fees
The tentative fee structure for various MBA Programs of Xavier University (which may be revised for admission 2021 batch) is as follows. The revised fee structure for Admission 2021 will be published on the Xavier University website soon.
|Program||School||Total Program Fee (Rs. in lakhs)|
|MBA in Business Management (MBA-BM)||XIMB||19.5|
|Executive MBA- Business Management (EMBA-BM)||XIMB||15.2|
|MBA in Human Resource Management (MBA-HRM)||School of Human Resource Management||19.1|
|MBA in Rural Management (MBA-RM)||School of Rural Management||14.4|
|MBA in Sustainability Management (MBA-SM)||School of Sustainability||14.4|
|MBA in Urban Management & Governance (MBA-UMG)||School of Human Settlements||14.4|
|Master of Business Finance (MBF)||School of Commerce||12.9|
XIMB – Xavier University follows Anti-COVID Compliant Admission Process & Campus
Due to the challenging work environment posed by the COVID pandemic, the University will follow all COVID-19 precautions and Social Distancing norms during the entire Admission Process 2021. In case of revised guidelines for Admission Process 2021, the candidates will be notified accordingly. Despite the COVID-19 challenges, arrangements will be made to conduct X-GMT 2021 in a safe environment. Both the campuses of Xavier University have set up systems, processes, and facilities with SOPs to ensure a healthy, safe, and secured environment for all its students, faculty, and staff.
Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar