13 Reasons Why You Should Join XIMB
Being a 30-year-old institute, XIMB has stood the test of time. However, what makes XIMB different from other B-schools? What gives XIMB the X-factor?
Here are 13 reasons why you should join XIMB:
- Student Activities: Leaving Xpressions aside, there are loads of other activities organized by students throughout the academic year. With 24 student committees, XIMB provides many opportunities to maximize the learning through student activities apart from the usual classroom education. Quizzes on various topics, Debates, Extempore, Case studies and what not. MBA is much more than just academics and XIMB understands that.
- XIMB Alumni: XIMB students and the college share a unique connection with its alumni. Not many colleges have been able to uphold the relationship of students/professors and alum within its DNA. Alums of XIMB are always there to help and support whenever and wherever required. Over the years, students have significantly benefited from the advice and interactions with the alumni network.
- Faculty: XIMB makes sure that the students have access to quality management education by having a solid and unfailing faculty line up. Many of the professors have gone on to win prestigious awards in their respective domains as well. They come with an enriching industry experience and hold prestigious research papers which add to their teaching plethora. Instead of just teaching the class, they make sure students are getting an all-round development.
- Curriculum: Owing to its excellent faculty, XIMB has a well-researched curriculum for the Business Management program consisting core courses, electives and different immersion courses. Considering the ever-changing market dynamics, the curriculum is consistently kept updated such that students will always receive quality education and are able to imbibe the learnings in future.
- Infrastructure: Even being a 30-year-old institute, XIMB has an ultramodern infrastructure consisting of well-equipped classrooms, a three-storey library with around 70000 books catering to different domains, different hostels with necessary facilities for students and a huge auditorium with a seating capacity of around five hundred. Other facilities include sporting & fitness facilities for students and faculty, faculty residence quarters & a Management Development Centre.
- Bhainas: Behind every success story, there are unsung heroes, selfless people who do not look for glory but believe in doing well for others. XIMB’s unsung heroes are its “Bhainas”. Be it the mess, the classrooms, the garden wherever you look, you will always find a Bhaina at XIMB, ready to help. They do not care whether you are a student or faculty or an outsider. XIMB would not be XIMB without its “Bhainas”.
- Mess/Night Mess: Looking into the diverse batches across years, mess system is well equipped with a menu consisting of a wide range of delicacies and includes an a la carte system as well. XIMB also has a night mess system considering the exhausting MBA life consisting of surprise quizzes, assignment deadlines and presentations, which gives students many sleepless nights.
- Students: XIMB takes pride in the diverse batches of students across years. With besting in various fields, be it academics, sports or different competitions, students of XIMB have proved their mettle repeatedly. Student culture in XIMB is such that promotes holistic development to the true sense of the word. It has a legacy, which promotes sports and culture along with academics.
- Bhubaneswar: Having situated in Bhubaneswar has its own advantage for XIMB. Being declared as one of the smart cities, Bhubaneswar has its own culture. In recent years, Bhubaneswar has been in the fast lane of development and steadily emerging as a start-up hub. Doing their MBA in such an enriching environment is a huge plus for the students.
- Sporting Facilities: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy indeed. Be it Basketball, Tennis, Football whatever sports you like, you are free to pursue. XIMB is equipped with facilities catering to all these sports along with an upscale gymnasium keeping the health of the students in mind.
- Live Projects: Many companies ranging from widely famous FMCGs to emerging start-ups offer exciting live project opportunities to students. It is a great platform where students can hone their skills, which will be extremely helpful during their SIPs and life after MBA.
- SIP & Xuberance Week: Numerous companies come to XIMB for the Summer Internship and Final Placements. From top consulting firms, FMCGs to Banks come looking for students for various roles during SIP and Xuberance weeks.
- Xpressions: Everyone knows about Xpressions, whether they are from XIMB or not! Being the biggest cultural management fest of Eastern India, Xpressions is filled with various cultural and business events culminating with a celebrity night where stalwarts like Vishal-Shekhar, Shankar-Ehsan-Loy & Farhan Akhtar have given majestic performances.