Management Programmes For Experienced Candidates
There was a time when the accepted norm was for individuals to complete their post-graduation right after their graduation and then start their career, going on till retirement. Life was compartmentalised and predictable. For a few years, there has been a growing trend of professionals seeking to go back to learning full-time after a few years of working, in contrast to completing all education at one go. This trend has been especially seen in business management wherein a technical undergraduate background is supplemented with work experience before venturing into studying management.
This trend is only getting stronger in recent times for some good reasons:
- The pace of change and volatility has increased. This requires professionals to retool periodically rather than lump all education into the start of their lives. New theories, case studies, and frameworks are needed for new problems.
- Competition for jobs and promotions has increased. A short break to retool can mean a chance to get ahead through better credentials.
From the candidates’ perspective, there are several advantages to following this approach:
- As stated, the break provides a retooling that can help career growth.
- The work experience itself acts as an impetus for deeper classroom learning as concepts can be related to real-life more easily.
- There are richer peer-to-peer learning opportunities as people from varied professional and undergraduate backgrounds learn and work together full time.
About FORE’s (Executive) PGDM PGPX Programme
FORE School of Management, New Delhi’s Executive PGDM or ‘PGPX’ is a 15-month full-time General Management Programme exclusively designed for experienced middle-level working professionals aiming to take up leadership positions in their respective organizations or seeking change. The FORE School of Management PGPX aims at setting new benchmarks in Executive Education and helping Managers take their careers to the next level. It offers a unique opportunity for professional and personal development by taking participants on a journey of rigorous interactive learning.
The programme is open to candidates with a minimum of 5 years of relevant managerial or supervisory experience.
The AICTE approved full time programme consists of 12 months of course work over 4 terms, including an International Immersion Programme at the National University of Singapore (NUS) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore. The unique aspect of the course is a 3 months field research project at the end of the course work, which helps encapsulate all the learning. The best in class, the industry-relevant curriculum focuses on topical skills like Data Analytics & Artificial Intelligence, Innovation & Design Thinking, Marketing Analytics, FinTech, Venture Capital, M&A, etc. to make sure students gain an upper hand in skills that are in demand today. Students earn the following globally recognised certifications:
- ‘Big Data and Data Analytics’ from the University of California-Riverside,
- ‘Derivatives Market Strategies’ from Moody’s Analytics, and
- ‘Fixed Income Trading and Sales’ from Moody’s Analytics.
(Any one certification out of the above at no extra cost)
Students also benefit from lateral placement support leveraging more than 6000 Alumni of the Institute, placed all over the world. Some of the prominent companies who have hired laterally include Centum Learning, Cognizant, HCL Technologies, Hero FinCorp, Hexaware Technologies, IGT Solutions, Infosys, Jindal Rectifiers, Mindtree, Newgen Software Technologies Ltd, Vikram Solar, Wipro Ltd, Zycus, and Mahindra & Mahindra.
The FORE Lineage
The PGPX builds on the strong foundation and long experience of FORE School of Management in creating industry-ready business managers. The additional length of the PGPX compared to 1-year programmes helps the school to add an international module, besides providing students with more time to imbibe and apply management theory through the field research project.
The offering expands FORE School of Management’s already enviable programme offerings in management education that include 3 full-time PGDM programmes (PGDM, PGDM Financial Management, and PGDM in International Business).
For more details of the programme visit: https://bit.ly/2D9Z21A