MDI Gurgaon has successfully completed the final placement process for its PGDM, PGDM-IB and PGDM-HRM batches of 2021. This year, MDI saw an increase of nearly 5 percent in the average salary and median salary offered to the batch. The highest salary saw an increase of nearly 9 percent over the previous year. Top brands on campus included Asian Paints, ITC, Flipkart, Goldman Sachs, JPMC, Bank of America, BCG, Bain & Company, PwC, EY, Deloitte, Amazon, and the Aditya Birla Group amongst others. Here are the key highlights from the MDI Gurgaon placement report for 2021.
Ten Key Highlights From MDI Gurgaon's Final Placement Report In 2021
Please note that all recruitment figures including salaries and job offers, unless otherwise specified, represent combined recruitment data for the PGDM, PGDM-IB and PGDM-HRM batches of 2021 at MDI Gurgaon.
- This year, the highest salary offered to the batch of 2021 stood at INR 44.00 lakhs, which is an increase of nearly 9 percent over the previous year.
- This year, the average salary offered stood at INR 23.15 lakhs, which is an increase of nearly 5 percent over the previous year.
- The median salary offered to the batch stood at INR 23.00 lakhs, which is an increase of nearly 5 percent over the previous year.
- The median of the top 50 percent of salaries stood at INR 24.60 lakhs, while the average of the top 50 percent of salaries stood at INR 26.99 lakhs.
- The median of the top 10 percent of salaries stood at INR 31.20 lakh, while the average of the top 10 percent of salaries stood at INR 34.74 lakhs.
- The batch received a total of 126 job offers in the Sales and Marketing domain, and 146 job offers in the Strategy and Operations domain. There were 63 offers in the Finance domain. There was a 77 percent increase in the number of Consulting offers extended to the PGDM and PGDM-IB batch.
- For the PGDM and PGDM-IB batch, the maximum percentage of offers (32 percent) was for Consulting roles, followed by offers in the Technology and Media sector (22 percent), followed by offers in the BFSI sector (16 percent).
- There were a total of 128 recruiters who participated in the placement process, including 64 new recruiters. Amongst the participating recruiters were 8 unicorns and 95 multi-national companies. The highest number of offers extended by any single recruiter was 19 offers.
- This year, the MDI Gurgaon batch received a total of 99 pre-placement offers.
- Top brands on campus this year included BCG, Bain & Company, Deloitte, PwC, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Nomura, Amazon, Flipkart, Aditya Birla Group, ITC, L'Oreal, Reckitt Benckiser, Adani Group, BYJU's and Unacademy amongst others.
You May Be Interested In Watching → How B-Schools Manipulate Placement Reports
This year, the highest salary at MDI Gurgaon was offered to the PGDM batch and stood at INR 44 lakhs. The median salary for the PGDM and PGDM-IB batches hovered around INR 23 lakhs. The average of salaries offered to the PGDM batch (INR 23.74 lakhs) was greater than the average of the salaries offered to the entire batch of 2021 across all three programs.
This year, the highest average salary at MDI was for Operations roles and stood at INR 34.35 lakhs, though only about 3 percent of the batch opted for these roles. On average, students accepting Strategy and Sales & Marketing roles received a salary of INR 23.01 lakhs and INR 22.72 lakhs respectively. These domains accounted for over 60 percent of the offers accepted by the batch of 2021. The average salary for Finance roles stood at INR 21.95 lakhs.
This year, the highest average salary was for roles in the E-commerce sector and stood at INR 28.95 lakhs. On average, students accepting roles in the Consulting and Technology sectors received INR 23.41 lakhs and INR 21.94 lakhs as compensation respectively. More than 50 percent of the batch at MDI Gurgaon accepted offers in these sectors.
MDI Gurgaon Final Placement 2021 - Top Companies In Consulting, General Management, Finance
Consulting - Industry leaders like Boston Consulting Group, Deloitte India, Deloitte USI, KPMG, PwC US Advisory and PwC India recruited from MDI Gurgaon in 2021.
General Management - Industry stalwarts like Amazon, Hero Motocorp and Tech Mahindra offered coveted General Management roles.
Finance - Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase and Co. and Nomura offered investment banking roles. Other Finance roles were offered by recruiters like Bank of America, D. E. Shaw & Co., Max Life Insurance and SBI Capital Markets. Retail banks such as Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, IDFC FIRST Bank and Yes Bank were also a part of the recruitment process at MDI Gurgaon.
Please note that the table above does not comprehensively represent names of all the recruiters that participated in the final placement process at MDI Gurgaon.
MDI Gurgaon Final Placement 2021 - Top Companies In Sales & Marketing, IT & Ops, HR
Sales & Marketing - Industry stalwarts Asian Paints, Coca-Cola, Godrej, ITC Limited, Johnson and Johnson, L'Oréal, Marico, Pidilite, and Reckitt participated in the recruitment process at MDI Gurgaon. E-Commerce giants like Flipkart, MakeMyTrip and PhonePe offered coveted roles. First time recruiters included Diageo, MagicBricks, Sony Pictures Networks and Unacademy.
IT & Operations - Top-liners such as Amazon, Flipkart and RPG Group participated in the final placement process at MDI Gurgaon.
HR - Companies like Adani Group, Aditya Birla Group, EY, Godrej, ITC Limited, KPMG and L'Oréal extended offers. First time recruiters included Airbnb, BYJU’S, D. E. Shaw and UnitedHealth Group.
Please note that the table above does not comprehensively represent names of all the recruiters that participated in the final placement process at MDI Gurgaon. You can read MDI Gurgaon's official placement report on the institute's website.
You May Also Be Interested In Reading:
- XLRI Jamshedpur Final Placement Report | Average Pay Increases For Batch of 2021
- FMS Delhi Final Placement 2021 | 20 Lakhs+ Salary For Nearly 80 Percent of MBA Batch At FMS
- IIM Bangalore's Final Placement Report Reveals Average And Median Salary Offered To Class of 2021
- IIM Kozhikode Final Placement Report - Class of 2021 Goes After Consulting And Finance Jobs