What do Netflix, Amazon and Tinder have in common? They use Business Analytics to dominate the business world. They treat their data as an important corporate asset and find ways to turn it into insights, ensure efficiency within departments and give them a competitive edge. Hence, it is fair to say that Business Analysts are no less than messiahs to companies that aspire to be more data-driven. Predicting the industry need for Business Analysts, premier institutes like - IIM Calcutta, IIT Kharagpur, and ISI jointly came up with a course called Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA). By introducing this course they aim to shape the emerging profession of business analytics and deliver a cutting-edge interdisciplinary educational experience to aspirants who want to build a career in this field. If you are one of those aspirants, this is your ultimate chance. Read the full article to find out more about the course, entrance exam, eligibility and more.
The 2-years program called the - Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) is a unique collaboration by IIM Calcutta, IIT Kharagpur and ISI Kolkata. It is a specialized program designed for people aspiring for a future in business analytics.
To get admission to the PGDBA program, aspirants need to clear the PGDBA entrance exam (paper-based) cut-offs, and then appear for Personal Interview (PI).
PGDBA Final Placements Report of Batch 2019 is:
|Average Salary||18.07 LPA|
|Median Salary||17.70 LPA|
|Average of the top half of the students||21.78 LPA|
|Median of top 50%ile||19.27 LPA|
Some big companies that recruited from that PGDBA programs are:
Now that the “Ka-ching” has grabbed your attention, here is what you need to make it into the PGDBA program -
- The last date for online application is 19th January 2020.
- Expect admit card by - 31st January 2020.
- This year PGDBA exam will happen on 16th February 2020.
Who Are Eligible?
- 10+2+4: Minimum of 60% marks, CGPA 6.5 on 10-point scale, or equivalent, in the BS/B Tech/BE or equivalent level
- 10+2+5: Minimum of 60% marks, or CGPA 6.5 on 10-point scale, or equivalent, in the Integrated Masters/B(ARCH)/MBBS or equivalent level
- 10+2+3+2: Minimum of 60% marks, or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale, or equivalent, in the Masters Level
- For SC/ ST and PWD candidates: 55%, or CGPA 6.0 on a 10-point scale, or equivalent.
- Candidates completing their final year, are eligible to apply, provided they appear in the final examination and complete other academic requirements as mentioned above.
About PGDBA Exam Pattern
- Test duration - 3 hours
- Total questions - 50 questions
- Total marks - 150 marks
Marking scheme is:
- +3 for every correct attempt
- -1 for every incorrect attempt
- 0 for every unattempted question
|Section||Number of Questions|
|Data Interpretation & Data Visualization||5|
- Reading & Comprehension
- Grammar/Correction of Sentences
- Logical Connectives
- Statements and Conclusion
- Matching and Sequence
- Data-driven Questions - pie chart, graph, trends
- Solution of quadratic equations
- Simultaneous linear equations
- Binomial theorem
- Conic sections
- Trigonometric identities
- Heights and distances
- Maxima and minima
- Methods of integration
- Evaluation of area using integration