- The total intake across all programs stood at 480 students.
- The average age stood at 23 years.
- The gender ratio across courses stood at 1.55. The ratio is expressed as the number of males per 1 female, so 1.55 means there are 1.55 male students per female student.
- And the average work experience for the batch was 11.71 months.
Now that you know the composition of the 2019-21 batch. Let’s see how the composition has evolved in the last few years.
- As you can see the intake has gone across steadily from 471 students to 555 students.
- The gender ratio has gone up from 2.07 to 2.22 from 17-19 to 20-22.
- The average age has stayed in the range of 23-24 years across 17-19 and 20-22 batches.
- The average experience has gone down from 18.53 months to 15.48 months.
Alumni Profile - Sector Wise Placements
Now that you know how the batch structure has evolved across the last 3-4 batches. It’s time to look at different sectors the alumni got placed in and how the sector-wise recruitment of TAPMI has been evolving.
- Hiring for consulting has gone up significantly from 10% to 21% in the last 5 years.
- BFSI is still the largest sector in terms of hiring from TAPMI.
- Manufacturing & core hiring has been going down constantly for the last 5 years.
- FMCG & Retail has been hovering in a tight range of 9-13%.
- IT, Analytics & E-comm is the second largest sector in terms of hiring from TAPMI. The contribution has stayed nearly the same in the last 5 years.
This gives us a glimpse about the starting careers of the TAPMI’s alumni. Also, please note this data only accounts for the sector TAPMI’s alumni got in via placements and does not account for further career/job switches.
Alumni Profile - Top Recruiters
Just like we saw the top sectors TAPMI’s alumni are part of, let’s deep dive further to see the list of top recruiters that hire from TAPMI.
- ICICI Bank was the biggest recruiter for the 2019-2021 batch
- Followed by Deloitte, Infosys and HCL Technologies
- Rest all recruiters are clubbed under Others.
Here’s the data of the biggest recruiters for the last 5 batches.
1. TAPMII’s biggest recruiter has been Deloitte across last 5 batches
2. Followed by ICICI Bank, Infosys and HCL Technologies respectively
Alumni Profile - Top Roles
What role you work at is more important than the company you work for. Here’s a deep dive on the top roles TAPMI’s alumni get hired for.
- Roughly 41% of the 2019-2021 batch was hired as consultants
- 20% batch started their career as MTs, 15% as Relationship Managers, 8% as Risk & Financial Advisors and rest 16% is made up of all other roles combined
Here’s the data of the top roles for the last 5 batches.
- According to the data consulting & management trainee role accounts for 84% of the roles.
- For students interested in consulting there is a very high probability of you starting your career as a consultant after graduating from TAPMI
Salary Upturn Pre & Post MBA - TAPMI Alumni
Another important factor while evaluating whether to do an MBA or not is the growth in earning potential. Which can be best measured by comparing the pre & post-MBA salary.
Salary-upturn=Post-MBA Salary / Pre-MBA Salary
Salary-upturn tells us the average salary growth after MBA from TAPMI. So for the 2019-2021 on average students were able to 2.7X their salaries and students of 2020-2022 batch were able to 3.3X their salaries.
2019-2021 Alumni Profile - Function & Sector Wise Salaries Offered
The highest CTC offered to the 2019-2021 batch was 25 Lakhs and the average CTC of the batch stood at 11.2 Lakhs. Here’s a breakdown of the average salaries function & industry wise.
The above data can help you figure out the top paying functions & sectors. Additionally, it can give you an idea about the industry standard CTCs for different sectors.
List of Prestigious Alumni - TAPMI
Now that we covered the top roles, companies and sectors TAPMI’s alumni have been working in, it’s time to recognise some of the most prestigious alumni of TAPMI.
Here’s the list (In no particular order):
- Ragini Madan, Risk Manager, Agricultural Bank of China
- Jadhav Kunal Prafful, MD, FedEx Services
- Jayendra Vadrevu, Founder, Cluzters.ai
- Manzoor Ul Ameen, CEO, Tata Health
- Amit Banerji, VP- Credit Risk, Corporate & Investment Banking, Barclays
Our analysis and breakdown of TAPMI’s alumni comes to an end. We hope the article made you more aware about the top recruiters, top roles, packages etc. of TAPMI’s alumni and gave you an idea about what your career might look like if you choose TAPMI for your MBA.
In case you have any questions or suggestions, you can reach out to the TAPMI’s email@example.com or just leave a comment down below