You can hate it. You can curse it. But you can’t avoid it. If you are in your 20s and interested in building your career & wealth, Finance is a domain that will be an integral part of your life. How do you build your career in Finance and maybe even, how do you change your course to become a Finance professional?
Is MBA the only way to acquire this knowledge? Yes & No. An MBA degree in Finance will definitely be a step in the right direction. But will it be enough? Is it the only way? No. Let’s read on to find out more.
What’s the other way out?
Online certifications can lay a solid foundation for your career in a domain like Finance. Such professional certifications can provide you with the necessary skills and preparation to be successful in managerial positions in Finance. They not only provide you with the opportunity to learn domain-relevant concepts but also gain industry-recognized certifications which eventually lead to more opportunities for networking and job prospects.
If you are thinking about pursuing a career in finance, or if you would like to upgrade your skills for your current job, professional certification may be perfect for you.
A fast-paced career with higher pay
The highest paying jobs in finance in our country and throughout the world have seen enormous development in economic sectors. Financial jobs provide great work possibilities and pay. With the changing landscape, technology and globalization have brought about significant changes in the scope of the financial professions. Job seekers are offered a variety of options in the market and appealing pay packages to help them build a secure career and future.
Out of the 10 core sub-domains of Finance, Corporate Finance has been seeing a huge uptick in terms of opportunities and demand. Corporate Finance involves maximizing value through financial planning and strategies. The professionals in this domain manage efficient resource utilization and ensure the most valuable projects are pursued. Let’s have a look at what are the career paths you can pursue in Corporate Finance.
Career paths in Finance
- Financial Analyst: Financial analysts advise organizations and people on how to spend money to maximize profits. They evaluate the performance of stocks, bonds, and other investments.
- Financial Planning and Analyst: FP&A organizes and manages financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting. They produce variance analysis reports as well as financial models. They lead the monitoring of financial performance in real-time which helps in corporate financial management.
- Research Analyst: A research analyst is a professional who does research on securities or assets for internal or external clients. The report they prepare includes an analysis of public records of securities of businesses or industries, and they frequently culminate it with a "buy," "sell," or "hold" recommendation.
- Cost Analyst: A Cost Analyst will gather and evaluate financial data related to the organization's spending, they look for methods to enhance budget, forecast accuracy, and reduce the cost of assigned departments and projects.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Analyst: M&A Analysts are in charge of investigating the market and delivering results and proposals for merger and acquisition opportunities for the company.
- Financial Modelling and Valuation Analyst: FM&V analysts gather essential accounting information to make sound financial judgments and check company finance. Their job description includes valuation model creation, development, and implementation.
If you’re planning a career move or transition, then AltUni’s Certificate Program in Corporate Finance might be the perfect option
This program will teach you the essential concepts of Corporate Finance like accounting principles and financial analysis, how value is created by global markets, corporate capital structure and financial policy; capital budgeting; mergers and acquisitions; and investment and financing decisions in the international context.
Check out how AltUni’s Certificate Program in Corporate Finance in association with SDA Bocconi can provide you with 100% assured interviews!
Career transitions to Corporate Finance
- CA to Corporate Finance: Employees of this profile fit well in corporate finance divisions and Big Four accounting firms. A lot of big organizations, like Flipkart / Tata Sons / RIL, for example, have their own M&A department to manage any internal acquisition, capital raising, or restructuring activity.
- BFSI to Corporate Finance: People working in the BFSI sector can move to core finance roles where decisions are made like the Treasury, FP&A, Transaction Advisory, and many more for maximizing the shareholder's value in both the short term and long term.
- CFA to Corporate Finance: There are many roles in corporate finance that a CFA candidate can prepare for, including Research Analysts, Equity Analysts, Portfolio Managers, Chief Financial Officers, and Corporate Financial Analysts.
- MBA Finance to Corporate Finance: Candidates with an MBA Finance degree are one of the most sought people in Corporate Finance. A Certificate Program in Corporate Finance is a must for MBA Finance, BBA, and B. Com. students to help them become industry-ready. Some career paths for freshers in Corporate Finance are Financial Analyst, Cost Analyst, Credit Manager, Cash Manager, Benefits Officer, and Investor Relations, officer.
AltUni’s Certificate Program in Corporate Finance in collaboration with SDA Bocconi is accepting applications for the 2nd cohort! The first cohort of the program received a rating of 4.76 out of 5. You can check some of the feedback received on LinkedIn here, here, and here.
Why should you sign up?
- Ace Core Topics - Master core Corporate Finance topics like capital structure & estimation, corporate & business valuation, mergers & acquisitions, etc.
- Assured Interviews - Get 100% assured interviews for full-time roles with our recruitment partners after the program
- Top-Notch Learning - Learn from SDA Bocconi Milan faculty & get certified by SDA Bocconi, a globally accredited European university and ranked 5th best b-school globally
- Real-Time Application - Apply your learnings in a real-life Finance deal that will give you industry exposure & will add value to your CV
- Industry Exposure - Follow up each academic module with industry expert sessions where you get insider insights and strategies that are used in the industry
- Holistic Learning - 1-on-1 mock interviews & profile building sessions with industry experts
- In-Depth Curriculum - A total of 65+ hours of live & recorded learning content from top academia & industry experts