Your Coolness & Calmness!!
There is no alternative way to tell you this that staying calm is the best thing to do. It can cost you a difference of 10%ile or even more. So, when you are walking through the door for giving your exam into a room where around 50 screens are placed with dim lights and you are about to attempt the exam which can change your career, just say this to yourself that no matter what, I will stay calm. I have done enough and I can do it!
What can I do in these last 2 days before CAT?
- Go through bookmarked questions. Pick important topics in quants & DI-LR, try to look for the patterns in questions that are repeated the most in CAT and try to solve 1 or 2. Remember the formulas
- Most importantly, go through your mock questions, list down the mistakes that you often do and make sure you do not repeat those mistakes
- Frame a strategy in mind, highlight your strengths & weaknesses which by now, we all should know. To give you an example, my strategy was that no matter what I won’t try para jumbles because no matter what, I will get it wrong and time is limited. I am strong in RCs, so instead, I will try solving all RCs and it worked well for me
- If you have not done already, attempt CAT previous questions. I gave CAT 2017 paper simulating my D-Day experience. But go for giving mocks only when you know you can learn something out of it and will not be pressurised at the last moment
- Frame strategies but don’t go with a rigid mind. CAT can be full of surprises
- Also, look at the basics of topics you hate the most. It might happen that a very easy question comes out of that topic and might give those extra brownie points
- On the day before the exam, do something which will motivate you and soothe you. Like one of my friends watched a cricket match, another watched his favourite movie and another went o play his favourite sport. Relax your mind.
To everyone who is struggling, remember you didn’t come this far to just come this far. Trust yourself, because you will need you the most that day. All the very best for your journey coming forward. No matter what happens on that day, you will come out good in life if you want to!!