- You may also list your ranks and positions in competitive tests; while doing so, be sure to indicate your
- Total number of all students who appeared for the exam
- Scope of the examination, (whether it was regional, state, national, or international)
- Don't forget to include your Olympiad accomplishments in a similar form - highlight your:
- Type of medal (if any)
- Scope of the test (regional, state, national, international)
- Number of students who participated,
- and if necessary, the governing organisation (to establish brand authenticity)
- Include any scholarships and fee waivers you have received. Include the following:
- Name of the organisation granting the scholarship,
- Purpose of scholarship and accomplishment it recognizes
- If you have any other information regarding how many people received it, and if the number is significant enough, please include it.
- The scholarship amount, unless substantial, is somewhat irrelevant in the resume.
- Add any certification of appreciation or academic awards that you’ve received for any of the academic achievements in a similar fashion as below:
“Appreciated for ranking in Top XX percentile among XX mn candidates in Class XII exams by XYZ authority”
- Mention any funding obtained or scholarships awarded for academic projects, initiatives, patents or research. Include the
- Number of people receiving it out of the total number of students who applied, and
- Objective of the financing or research position
- Finally, while publications and research papers do not truly belong in academic achievements, for a lack of superior CV elements, one can include research papers or research paper presentations in this part. Importantly, write the name of the publishing journal on the work, underline citations and readings, and stick to publications that demonstrate essential skills.
To summarise, when listing achievements, make sure to include time frame, scale, and results. Small details like this can truly differentiate you from the crowd, and they convey clear evidence of your accomplishments and expertise, as well as present you as a suitable personality for the offered role. More advice on how to fill your work experience and include relevant points for various professions, as well as other methods to enhance the structure of your CV, will be provided in the next piece. Please stay tuned for developments and leave a comment below if you have any more questions or comments.
Recommended For You -> Summer Placement Preparation 2022 - The Complete Guide | InsideIIM Placement Prep Series
Note from the Editor: For your Summer Placement preparation, we also have a project which tests all the facets of management, starting from marketing to product management! We're also offering personalised 1-on-1 placement mentorship, resume editing and mock interviews. Share your details in the form below, so that we can share the details with you!
About The Author
Varnika Chaturvedi, IIM Kozhikode Co'23
"As a computer science engineer from NIT- Bhopal and a Software Engineer at JP Morgan Chase's foreign exchange payments department, I am currently doing an MBA at IIM Kozhikode and have received a Pre-placement offer from Accenture Strategy after finishing a summer internship there. Personally, I am an inquisitive and cheerful individual who enjoys reading and dancing!"