- Caring Is No Longer Enough: This a small video ad, run on earth day. The type of ad is awareness. If one wants to make the biggest impact in under 1 minute. This is something they should strive for.
- To Every Mom Doing Their Best: This video is Microsoft’s ode to mothers on “Mother's Day” who are doing their best to manage work from home while juggling other chores and their kids home life as well!
- Combating Finance Woes Of Individuals During Lockdown Period Caused By COVID-19: Coronavirus has put the world in a difficult position. From the leaders of powerful countries to the “common man”, everyone is facing a challenge to keep their countries/ households running. While the leaders solve greater difficulty, there are some steps that can be taken on an individual level to combat finance woes during the lockdown period. Here are a few tips.
- An Overview of Financial Modeling, Including Examples, Templates, Careers, Salaries and Training Courses: Financial modelling is a way of creating abstract representations of a real-world financial situation. Investment bankers and other finance professionals frequently use financial models to answer questions about the past, present or future performance of a financial asset or portfolio of a business, project or investment. To know more about the concept, models, and training courses read the full article.
- Indian corporate bonds need a buyer and not a lender: The RBI has announced that it is setting up an Rs. 500 billion Special Liquidity Facility for Mutual Funds (SLF-MF). It is a refinance window for banks to lend to mutual funds for handling redemption pressures in a space where corporate bonds are stressed and illiquid. Before Covid-19, open-end debt mutual funds were allowed to offer redemption on-demand to investors because there was a liquid market for the bonds. Now, that the assets have become illiquid, they are hard to value. But the investors are still able to demand instant liquidity. How can this mismatch be solved? To know more keep reading Prof. Jayanth R. Varma's (IIM A professor) blog here.
- Are You Prepared to Manage a Whack-A-Mole Recovery? The need to re-open the world’s economies has reached its height of desperation. However, hasty reopenings may spur another wave of resurging infections leading to more closures and quarantines. Global economic recovery after the pandemic-imposed shutdown will go through the chaotic cycles of economic rebirth and relapse and this will have a significant impact on supply chains. So, how should companies prepare for recovery? Read this to find out.
- Supply Chain Predictive Analytics: What Is It and Who's Doing It? Predictive analytics is a technique used to predict future trends such as sales demand, exchange rates and other important supply chain metrics. It relies on the application of statistical modelling and regression analysis to historical data to determine and understand patterns, in order to formulate future trends. Want to know what is this about and how to harness it? Read this article now.
- BCG: Is your supply chain planning ready for digital? With technology accelerating at an increasing rate, BCG has listed down eight no-regret moves for a successful supply chain. Read to learn from world leaders.
- A Very Agile Supply Chain: The Inside Story of AGCO’s Response to COVID-19: AGCO, a public company with over $9 billion in annual revenue. A global manufacturer and distributor of agricultural equipment and replacement parts with a presence in heavily-impacted geographies such as China and Italy, AGCO took proactive steps to address the crisis as early as January. That is helping organizations to continue sailing through the tested times. To know about their strategies and steps. Read more.
Why Outcomes Over Outputs? This article talks about the importance of impact focussed approach towards a task rather than a solution based strategy. It also answers why and how an "outcome" based approach is better than "output" driven actions in product management.
We Can’t Do That In One Sprint This article talks about the benefit of working small rather than doing everything even if it sounds stupid. The whole thing is explained by a dialogue between a Product Manager (what he has in mind) and software developers (who will need to execute what the PM has in mind). Read more to find out.
Spotify vs. Fitbit: This article explains how "Team Type" plays an important role in the success or failure of a technology-based product company. The whole thing is explained via two cases. One is the success story of Spotify (Empowered Product Team) and another one is the failure of Fitbit (Delivery Team).
Learning Fast vs. Failing Fast: Failing fast is a common phrase used by product companies when they are talking about the growth of their companies, however, this article tries to take a different approach. The article highlights the importance of "learning fast" concepts. According to the article, "Embrace Failure" has become an excuse for not acknowledging a mistake or failure. Read the full story behind the strong claim here.
- Not all are lost; some jobs could survive post-COVID India: The Indian economy has its own share of economic blows. The job market has ‘kind of’ always been stressed. And now this COVID-19 induced economic slowdown has taken things to a different extreme. In order to understand what the future holds, there is a need for research to compare and predict the job market post lockdown. The last available big-picture government report on India’s employment scenario is the July 2017-June 2018 labour force survey. Since India is a fast-moving economy, The Ken came up with a new article to identify sectors that had been hiring (that too, at an accelerated pace) right up until January 2020. And, more importantly, sectors that could drive hiring once the effects of Covid-19 fade.
- Digital Transformation Is About Talent, Not Technology: COVID-19 seems to be pushing more and more people to go digital. Is this the digital revolution that everyone is waiting for? Winston Churchill once said, “We should never waste a good crisis”. This article makes us wonder, perhaps the pandemic is the biggest gift to humanity, to rethink our potential to do things digitally and ensure that we are positioning ourselves toward the future.
- Inside the black box of India’s crashed drone industry: This article talks in detail about India’s vision to be a drone hub, and how far from it is thanks to the country’s Civil Aviation Requirements (CAR), formulated by the DGCA in August 2018—practically rendered all commercial drone operations in the country illegally. In order to get a detailed understanding of the drone industry and what’s happening, read the full article.