InsideIIM Editor's Recommendation→ Kounsel Exam Pro. Get 1-on-1 personalised mentorship to ace CAT 2021. Click Here!
a) Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
b) Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)
c) Quantitative Ability (QA)
My Perspective About CAT
My Take on VARC
- How To Improve Consistency In Verbal Section - Things That Helped Me Scored 99.9+ Twice In VA
- 10 Must-Read Books To Improve VA-RC %ile - Recommendations By A 99%iler
- “People Ignore Me But I Can Be The Game Changer” – Yours Truly, Verbal Section
My Take On DILR
- From Not Clearing Cut Off To 98+ In LRDI - How To Ace CAT 2021's LRDI Section
- From 44 Percent In Maths In 12th To IIM Kozhikode | Non-Engineer's Mantra To Crack Quant, DILR For CAT
- Defeating DILR - How I Went From 55 To 99 Percentile || Vanyaa Kansal
My Take On QA
- How I Got From 49%ile To 97%ile In QA || Ft. Ankita Goomer, IIM L'22
- How Can Non-Engineers Prepare For Quantitative Aptitude In CAT 2021 - Shirajith Anton, IIM C'23
- A Comprehensive Cheat Sheet For Quantitative Ability For MBA Entrance Exams
Advice To CAT 2021 Test Takers
- If you have trouble concentrating while reading, try to read aloud for 2-3 weeks. If you have trouble comprehending, summarize articles you read till you get better.
- For LR questions, there are always some points that will render you the definite position of subjects. Use such points first. All information will collectively provide a solution, so look at the bigger picture. It’s very rare that some points might be redundant so use every information of the set to determine answers.
- Learn Speed Maths. It will save you a lot of time for DI and Quant. It will also increase your mental ability.
- Missing a mock test is a crime. Attempt mock tests as many as you can. The number of mock tests attempted is directly proportional to your scores in CAT.
- If you are fresher, there are high chances your CAT will coincide with end-semester exams. So please schedule your practice accordingly.
- Prefer reading online to become comfortable with online CAT exam.
- Give your mock tests at a time matching your CAT exam slot time. This will stimulate your brain to be ready at that particular time for D-Day.
- Don’t fret if something didn’t go according to your plan during the CAT exam. Have confidence and attempt the remaining paper with patience. Because everybody will face minor inconveniences and victorious will be those who were unbothered by it.
- Begin with the end in mind. Set goals in the beginning only, what you want to achieve through CAT. Goals should be tangible.
- Only getting a high percentile in CAT won’t ensure your admission to your targeted college, you will need an overall good profile. So please evaluate your profile by yourself on the basis of college criteria and the past cutoff of those criteria. Then, determine the CAT percentile you will need to get shortlisted. Otherwise, it will be a wasted effort.
- Only hard work won’t deliver you percentile. Smartwork is as essential as hard work. Have strong reasons for “Why it is a must for you to score well in CAT?”. Because having reasons will keep you persistent and consistent to prepare very well for CAT.
- Sleep well a day before the exam, sleeplessness will reduce your speed and concentration.
- CAT is just an exam. Enjoy preparing for it like a game, not some code you must have to follow. Don’t overburden yourself, it’s more important to stay happy, be content with life.
Recommended For You→ Read CAT 2021 Preparation Tips and Strategies Shared By 170+ CAT Toppers!
Take A Look At → CAT 2021 Personalized Study Planner
Feel free to reach me at
Email id - email@example.com
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/aayush-khandelwal-a36993140